A day in a prison in Seville III

29.12.2010, 08:56 Uhr von:  Redaktion
Lesezeit: ca. 7 Minuten

Here is the 3rd report from a person arrested in Seville. We publish these reports because it is important for us to document the incredible events that happened right in the centre of the European Union. Reports from fans of other clubs show that these are no singular events. We thank all of the victims that sent in their reports on such short notice.

Hello, I have tried to write down what I have experienced after the match at Seville. What occurred before the match has been reported often enough already.

Regarding this only so much: As far as I could decipher what has happened now, I was accused to have attacked a policeman at the entrance of the stadium at roundabout 7 p.m.. The only thing I can say about this is that I was amongst the first BVB supporters to make it through the entrance check and I did so with my hands raised up. I did not even touch a policeman there and they just waved me through. Only after I passed the entrance fences fell down and the police horses rode right through the crowd. At the turnpike I had no problems as well and after that I went right to the terrace, where I stood in row 1 for the whole time. I did not proceed further down when the police opened the lower end of the terrace because the banister at the top was pushed halfway down.

Until after the match everything was alright, only when I went down towards the exit I was pulled aside all of a sudden. That came totally unexpected. I was the first to be arrested there. Only a few minutes later other arrested supporters joined me and I did not have a clue what was going on. All the policemen present spoke only Spanish. We stood there at a site fence and where searched. If any of us turned his head, he was hit on the back of it with a baton. My waist bag with all its content was thrown to the ground after it was searched and all the stuff was rolling about on the ground.

Me and another supporter where the last who had to stand in the cold when the others where already taken to the police station. We stood in a corner shivering because of the cold. After what felt like an eternity the two of us where driven the police station the driver pushed the car to the maximum and crossed all the red lights.

At the police station the other supporters who got arrested sat together in a room guarded by twice as many policemen. The personal data was recorded and fingerprints were taken. If someone did not react fast enough he was hit on the bound hands or kicked from behind on the heel or knee. We were not allowed to use the toilet. If you asked for it the policemen pretended they did not understand you or responded “in a few minutes”. But we kept getting this answer for more than an hour.

After some endless waiting they brought us to our cells which seemed to be in a different use in the past. A few of us were given thin mats and blankets that had not been washed for years. Others got nothing at all even though some of us were wearing shorts. But even with the blanket it was simply brass monkeys and I was shivering the whole time even though I was lucky enough to be put into a large cell with a couple of others. Because we were in the last corner of the prison hardly anybody looked after us, so it was impossible to ask to go to the toilet or anything else. The only good thing was that our cells were closely together so we could talk to the other arrested supporters. Alone I would have really gone mental. Sometime in the morning (I do not know what time it was exactly because it was pitch-black in the cell and no clock in sight) we were finally allowed to go to the toilet. There was nothing to drink available for whatever reason.

Later on each of us was introduced to his lawyer (I guess we all got the same expert who probably never won a case in his life) and the charges were explained to us. They took profile pictures and took our fingerprints again, digitally as well.
Roundabout 3 p.m. (inside the police car I could see a clock fort he first time since the arrest) we were taken to the court with handcuffs and blue lights switched on just like dangerous felons. At the court building six of us had to sit in a small cell. There was a tap from which we were supposed to drink (more chlorine than water). We would not get anything else, told us a policeman.

For the first time we met a translator who actually could speak German there he told us about our sentences. The prosecuting attorney was calling for 18 months prison and 180 € fine. If we would sign the fake confessions they had prepared for us, they would let us get away with 12 months and 120 € fine. All of us were shocked until the translator said after a little while “on probation of course”. From that moment on the mood among us became a little lighter, as the translator at the police station had talked about 6.000 € fine. If you would not sign the papers the court proceedings would continue and you would have to remain in prison until it finishes. Everybody agreed to sign the papers right away.

Everybody thought that it would not be long until we would finally be free again, but it took another 4 hours until we could sign the fake confessions. I still do not know exactly what I signed there. It looked like a greeting card and we were told to sign anywhere across one piece of paper. Unbelieveable! The document we had to sign could be simply reproduced using MS Word, no stamp, no signature, nothing. I was just happy they let me go and relieved when I saw BVB fan commissioner Jens in front of the door. He booked return flights for all of us so on Friday we could finally travel back from Spain.

P. 29.12.2010 (Person known to the editors)

Guest authors express only their own opinions which mus not necessarily correspond to the views of the editors of

translated by web

Editors, 29.12.2010


Unterstütze uns mit steady

Weitere Artikel